When an amount is payable under the terms of an insurance policy or annuity contract issued by National Bank Life Insurance Company, we do everything in our power to find the owner, including:
- Attempt to contact them using their last known contact information
- Make use of directories, assistance services and reverse searches
- Contact their last known bank
- Contact their provincial pension plan administrator
- Enlist the services of a credit agency
If we fail to locate the owner within the prescribed time frame, the money becomes "unclaimed property" which in some cases must be turned over to designated authorities.
If you believe that you or person you represent may be the owner of unclaimed property, please contact us.
Be sure to provide as much information as possible to help us trace your request, e.g.:
- Your full name
- Proof that you represent the owner of the amount
- The name of the insured individual or annuitant, their date of birth and last known address
- A description of the unclaimed property and an identification number
- The effective date of the product
- The unclaimed amount
- Your daytime phone number or email address
Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for a decision once we have all the necessary documents. The more information you provide, the faster we will be able to respond.
Please note that if you are acting on behalf of another individual, we will ask for proof of the relationship for confidentiality purposes.
For more information on legislative requirements, please visit the province-specific website: Alberta | British Columbia |Other provinces and territories