Emergency Medical Care
Emergency medical care outside of your province of residence for up to $5,000,000 for each insured person.
Medical, paramedical and hospitalization expenses
- Customary, reasonable and essential expenses in the region visited for emergency treatment of a medical condition occurring during a trip
Transportation and subsistence expenses
- Transportation and subsistence expenses planned and approved by the assistance provider during the trip
- Expenses for accommodations and meals if you must postpone your date of return because you or a travel companion suffered a medical condition requiring emergency medical care
- Emergency assistance available 24/7 in the language of your choice, from anywhere in the world
Group insurance with your employer or credit cards might offer some insurance coverage. Consult them first to only choose the coverage you need.
To determine if this insurance product meets your needs, consult the insurance Policy Emergency medical care.
To be eligible, you must meet the eligibility criteria on your departure date.
- Aged between 31 days up to 74 years old on your departure date*
- Domiciled in Quebec, Ontario or New Brunswick
- Covered by the health and hospitalization insurance plan for services provided in your province of residence throughout your trip
*The total duration of the trip must not exceed the maximum duration of a trip depending on age:
- 31 days to 54 years: 180 days
- 55 to 69 years: 31 days
- 70 to 74 years: 15 days
Certain restrictions and exclusions apply, depending on your age and pre-existing conditions.